Looking Good (for a mom)

has been moved to new address

www.lookinggoodmom.com

You will be automatically routed to the new site...please update your bookmarks.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Roundup: Excess candy, breakfast cereals, kettlebells, more


I don't do round-up posts as often as I'd like, but as we've reached the end of another month, I thought it was about time I put another one together. So here are some of my favorite (and timely) posts of the past few weeks:

If you took my advice in my Halloween Candy post (How to avoid Halloween candy nightmares), you should now have a big bag of candy that you need to get out of your house. If taking it to work isn't your thing, and the financial side of you can't justify throwing it in the trash, here's an alternative idea from Fairly Odd Mother: Got Candy? Here's how to get rid of it.

And since we're on the topic of sugar-laden treats, let me share a great post from "Food Sociologist" Dina Rose. In A Spoonful of Sugar, Dina shares the results of new report by the Rudd Center for Food Policy & Obesity (Yale University) that shows not only how frequently cereals are marketed to kids, but just how sugar-laden most of those cereals are. If you aren't familiar with my thoughts on breakfast cereals, read an oldie but goodie from my own blog in Breakfast Cereals: Healthy or not? And then go eat some eggs.

On the Kettlebell front, there are two posts I wanted to feature. The first is from Josh Hillis of Lose Stubborn Fat. His post Beware of Dangerous Kettlebell DVDs talks about how some of the brand DVDs and kettlebells we find in our local store may NOT be the best way to learn about using kettlebells. Good commentary! The other is actually not that recent, but I was reminded of it when Josh Hanagarne posted a complete list of his recent guest posts. It's called "Stay Away! Four Reasons Kettlebells are NOT for you." In his normal sarcastic style, Josh explains why he wants you to leave kettlebells alone and just lie down and eat candy instead.

And since I'm a huge fan of Josh, let me also share his guest post, "Do You Want It? Prove It!" If you are someone who WANTS to be thin, but just can't seem to get the motivation to do it, this post might just be the kick in the rear that you need.

Well, those are my latest favorites. If you have a favorite post that you've read or written recently, please share it with me. I'd love to hear what you're reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment